County IDA's mission is to encourage and increase private investment that
creates new job opportunities, retains and stabilizes the existing employment
base, and generates added tax revenues through increased economic activity in
In a climate
of continually emerging economic challenges, the Wyoming County IDA provides
collaborative and visionary leadership in economic development that fosters
retention, expansion, and creation of businesses and jobs.
WE BELIEVE THAT :
We have an
obligation to act prudently, consistently, and responsibly while being
independent of-yet sensitive to-external influences.
- We will become economic development leaders by being
proactive, encouraging private investment, providing business education
opportunities, supporting small business growth, and adapting to an
- Through clearly defined roles and responsibilities, we
can be instrumental in the creation of a countywide economic development plan.
- We should serve as a facilitator in strengthening
existing business and economic vitality as well as for fostering new economic opportunities.
- We should not be the lender of first or last resort,
but instead work in partnership with other lenders who have mutual goals.
- Economic development should be the primary focus of
wind money revenues.
- Economic development is more important than fee
- Economic development will occur through visionary
leadership operating in a climate of fairness and open minds
- Entrepreneurship will fuel growth in Wyoming County.
- Great collaborations lead to great successes.